Monday 4 May 2009

Character Designs for the the 3 W's

These are the character designs for Winnies Woolworths Wedding. I decided to do them in colour even though we are planning on using sepia tones, this is in case we change our minds. Its easier to change form colour to sepia then the other way round. It also makes thins less confusing when we eventually draw over them.

This is the young version of Winnie, as we go back to her memories to relive her wedding day. I designed her so she looks young and attractive while still in keeping with the 1950s fashion. I like the style of her dress but I probably could of used a blander colour so it would be more suitable for the period; however, I wanted Winnie's past to bright and cheery like her.

This is how I imagined someone like Winnie to look in the present. Its a stereotypical Grandma. I'm not sure on the colours, but I wanted them to clash and stand out from each other like she has an interesting personality.

This is Winnie's mother-in-law. She may not fit in with the other designs but I wanted her to be a comedy element and almost cartoon like. Winnie hardly mentions her in her story except when adding up totals but the colours she wears makes her stand out like she wants to be in charge.



This is Winnie's Husband. I kept him simple to make sure he looked like a working lad from Hayle. And is even more oddly matched with his mother, who has certainly dressed up for the occasion.




No comments: