Thursday 12 February 2009

Backgrounds!



I finally finished my last 2D background. I went for a monochromatic fantasy forest setting, and I really like the beams of moonlight shining through the trees and the growing mushrooms. The main problem with this image is that when I came to print it out, no matter how bright I made it, the printer printed it the same darkness every time. You couldn't see the detail in the distance because it looked black. I don't know how to solve that problem really... except print it somewhere else...











These are a couple of renders from my Maya project. I was quite proud with my little 'bedsit' environment, but I've seen other people work and they look so detailed and amazing. I took most of my time getting the lighting right for the mood and the detail on the texture. I ended up getting frustrated with Maya and came to write my blog instead. But its back to it now to improve it some more.

No comments: