Tuesday 26 January 2010

A Character I like...

We were set the task this week of finding a character that we like. I took this to be both the design and attitude sense. This did cause a problem because there are so many animated characters that it like! Some designs are amazing. I decided to go for a character that many people may over look because he is not a main role yet his role is very important. I chose Kamajii from Spirited Away.

I like how he is looks like an evil villain; with his many arms, bald head, long claw-like nails, big moustache and small dark glasses. However, he could not be further from this. This is very clever character design, because not only does Sen feel threatened, but as an audience we are too. It is all a big relief when he turns out to be a great ally.

I also like his soot helpers. They are small and simply designed, they only have a fuzzy body, two eyes, arms and legs. Yet they still manage to get across a lot emotion and sense of character.

No comments: