Friday 15 January 2010

Last Day working with the writers

On the last day of this project it was up to me and Tom (Producer) to put everything together in After Effects. While Lee sorted out the sound. We worked really hard and ended up having fun animating things. Even when things didn't turn out how we expected it just added to the comedy of the piece. We could of done this better than we did because we ended up animating to the sound rather than letting the sound fit to the animatic and should of done a dope sheet. Also I think the sound effects need to be louder compared to the narrator. However, I'm pleasantly surprised at how its all turned out. At some points I didn't think it would come together at all.

We had a couple of problems rendering out of After Effects and the was a mad panic to get a tutor to help. But ours was the only one to be handed in before 4 o'clock. Here are the sections I animated:


The wolf scene is my favourite scene. I managed to create a little wolf wiggle because his head and body weren't joined together which I like. With some more time we would of added some facial expressions to Timmy to help him interact with his environment. At the moment he just wonders around looking a bit dim.

I really enjoyed this project and would definatly like to do it again. So heres the finished animatic...

1 comment:

Kathy Nicholls said...

Harriet, I think your character work looks good. You seem to have put quite a lot of thought into it. I particularly like the fortune teller, very elegant and serene. Donna is quite definite in her character, I can tell immediately what kind of person she is. Keep the poses interesting and dynamic (which you have done with some of them). The doctor is great in his style but I wonder if he looks a little young. For me I think I'd have another think about his face and try to make him look as though he has lived a little longer! This would give him more character too. I love the beetle.