Monday 15 March 2010

Essay... Fun times

This has been the part of the course I have been dreading.... Planning for the dissertation. 1000 words my not seem like a lot but I always get so confused and cant get started. I want to write about character design after watching Spirted Away again. But after a chat with Ann we decided that's a very broad area and I don't really know which direction I would take it. I have finally come to the decision of looking at how females are represented in animation. I have also found the three texts I want to look at in my first literature review. They are:

  • Paul Wells, Understanding Animation
  • Sandra Law, Putting themselves in the pictures
  • Stuart Hall, Representation: Cultural Representations and Signifying Practices
These texts all explore representation and how women are represented in animation and media.

No comments: