Sunday 25 April 2010

More Essaying....

As if the last essay wasn't enough to stress me out... Here's another two more! Although I was plesently suprised at my grade. I think the general feel from the animator is that essays are evil. I know writing defiantly isn't one of my strong points... This time we have to do another literature review and a film analysis. I still going along with my theme of representation of woman in animation and have looked at the texts:
  • Elizabeth Bell, Somatexts at the Disney Shop
  • Amy M Davis, Good Girls and Wicked Witches
  • Jayne Pilling, Women in Animation: A Compendium

The first two focus more on Disney's influence on how women are represented in animation, while Pilling looks at the work of independant female animators.

Oh yeah, I had better mention that I want to look at the differences in the representation of womoen between comercial animation and independant animation. There you go, that's my perspective for now.

The animation I looked at for my analysis is a girls night out. And here it is:

No comments: