Sunday 25 April 2010

Starting the Negotiated Brief

Well the negotiated brief is all about setting ourselves targets. We could either go with something we would be comfortable doing, or we could go for something we had never tried before or wanted to improve on. I really enjoyed the last pre-production project so I thought I would have a go at that again.

We had to pitch our ideas to Kathy and Georg, I had decided I just wanted to do a production bible, however they both suggested I push myself a bit further and do a storyboard to go with it. Sounds like a lot of work... that's because it is!! Ahhhh!! I think it will be OK, I just have to plan it out carefully...

I am going to do a pre-production bible and storyboard for an adaptation of the teenage fiction 'Lord Sunday' by Garth Nix. This is the final book of a series of seven all named after the days of the week. I choose this book because it contains great character descriptions and I can really picture it in my mind when I read it... Now I just have to get the thoughts from my head onto paper.... The final outcomes from this project will be:
  • Character Designs
  • Background Deisigns
  • Concept Work
  • Storyboard of one chapter

All presented nicely in a bible...

No comments: