Thursday 5 November 2009

Emotionally Unstable

Our task was to show a mood change in a character using all the principles we have been practicing over the last few weeks. I got some help from my sister this time, as the role of the second character that you don't really see, but the main one responds to them. I decided to try and use Flash again, and the problem with the graphics tablet had magically resolved itself. I mapped out the key poses first and then drew in the inbetweens.




This task was a lot less stressful than the lifting one however I found it difficult to get across what the character is thinking as the events go by. It would be clearer if I included the box, which was kept out for fear of volume issues in my animation, rather than him holding onto thin air. I think another issue with this is that I need to over act more in my initial take in live action so the key poses are stronger. The same as the last project, I think I probably should experiment more in Maya and have a go with that. Maya will help me to be more versitile in my work and possibly increase the quality of my basic animation skills. Also, I believe there are more possibilities for the application of 3D.

No comments: