Monday 30 November 2009

Lip syncing it up!


These are my dope sheets for my 11 second club animation. They include phonetic sounds that spell each word, tell me with the timing in the lip sync. They also include rough 'stage directions' for the character.

Below is a rough lip sync of the speech. I mostly stuck to the timings on the dope sheet, but to get it to look right I had to move some of the frames around, either forwards or backwards along the timeline.

This is the final animation with lip sync. The mouth shapes were slightly different from my test because they suit the character more without teeth. It was really difficult to get a lip sync right for the last section of speech, because there are so many different mouth shapes that are very similar. If you don't change mouth shape at all it made him look like he'd frozen, yet if you changed it too much it doesn't look like he is saying too many words. I think I managed to get a medium between the two, but I still think it looks a bit strange.

No comments: