Thursday 5 November 2009

Strong Stick Man!!

We were given the task of animating someone lifting a box, taking into consideration principles like weight and centre of gravity. Firstly I filmed myself lifting a heavy box to get the correct timings and have an idea of the key poses. I used Flash with a simple stickman and wireframe box. I sketched out the frames roughly and then tidied them up afterwards. I decided to work in 2D because it's what I feel most comfortable with.




There were some frustrating moments when my graphics tablet decided it wasnt going to line up with the screen anymore and pretend it was a mouse. I tryed to change the settings but even though all the right boxes were checked, it didn't solve my problem. I had gotten so annoyed at this point that I'd lost my train of thought and my concentration so I had to call it a night and hand in something I wasn't completely happy with.

I think if I had more time to do this again I would try animating in Maya, and go down the 3D route. This is mainly because it's so much easier to tweck the little things without having to rub out sections then draw it back in a millimetre different. I'd like to become more confident in using Maya to animate, and might do some playing around with it in the future.

No comments: